To apply for this job, complete the application form
and return, via email
or post to the HR Department at Clarke Telecom Head Office.
Agencies Please Note
Senior Project Manager
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager role is to manage and drive the effective delivery of the programme or project(s) they have been allocated meeting both the needs of the client and Clarke Telecom.
Senior Project Managers are responsible for ensuring that it has the tools and resources required to deliver the project and that they are compliant with organisational requirements as defined by the Programme Management Office (e.g. the use of Imprest; Navision etc.)
Responsibility for the customer interface between the Client and the Clarke Telecom team is basic requirement of the Senior Project Manager.
The role requires leadership, the ability to identify risks, clarify and resolve issues relating to specific project implementation and overall programme delivery. It also requires leadership, management and development of those within the project team, in particular any reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensuring that the impact of any relevant programme strategic issues both inside and outside of own scope, are managed within resources and the influencing required to shape that programme strategy, is in place
• Assisting the delivery teams to deliver efficiency targets in line with business, finance and business objectives
• Owning the internal programme governance in line with the customers own programme governance to ensure consistency and application of best practice
• Ownership and management of the process mapping, definition and documentation and subsequent auditing and revisions and ensuring compliance with customer specifications and requirements
• Ownership of the project guidelines documentation designed to ensure correct procedures are carried out and compliant with the project requirements
• Liaison with all functional managers to ensure maximum usage of resources and identification of any risks and issues
• Reporting of project performance upwards to the Board through the PMO and downwards to project team members as well as horizontally to the functional support areas and externally to the customer
• Ownership of internal programme systems & tools such as Imprest to ensure that there is a single source of accurate data for all project staff, and to ensure any reporting to the customer is 100% accurate
• Programme performance analysis the output being the formulation and implementation of any required recovery plans and mitigations
• Identifying and implementation of project and programme improvement initiatives as identified following reviews or business process re-engineering activities
• Commercial reporting & forecasting to the Project Director on actual & anticipated volumes and profitability
• Trend analysis to ensure that opportunities for removing risks & blockages are identified and removed efficiently
• Ownership and management of the programme risks & issues log and change control process to ensure effective change control processes are implemented to speed up project delivery
• Line management and development of direct reports and project team members
• Attendance at both internal meetings to review programme performance and external meetings representing Clarke Telecom with the customer
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Mobile experience in either an operator or vendor in a similar or complimentary role
• Substantial acquire, design and construction project delivery experience
• Experience in a programme managerial role in a similar (or greater) sized business
• Good IT Skills including knowledge of MS Office
• Good understanding of project management tools and methodologies
• Experience of resolving disputes issues and tensions within the team, where they threaten operation and of upholding team decisions even when these conflict with own desired course of action
• Has taken specific past action to influence and mobilise others to undertake change
• Able to demonstrate an ability to take effective and managed personal risks to initiate innovative processes that produce a step change in business performance
• Has the ability to deal with constantly changing and evolving targets
• Ability to contribute to strategic development of the business as required
• Have a good understanding of stakeholder requirements
• Commercial acumen to manage project profitability and WIP
• Have a strong customer focus
• Have strong passion and drive to succeed
• Ability to lead and motivate a diverse team
• Able to innovate and be adaptable to market needs
• Able to influence others
• Clean driving license
Hours of Work
Clarke recognise the valued service provided by its recruitment agencies and have a Preferred Supplier List in place, with whom terms of business have been agreed.
Only suppliers who have signed up to these terms can place candidates with Clarke and will receive instruction directly from us to do so. Clarke is unable to consider speculative CVs or proposals from any other third party. Speculative CVs or proposals being sent into the business will be treated as a gift.
This policy applies to all experienced hire recruitment and search and selection suppliers across the UK.