To apply for this job, complete the application form
and return, via email
or post to the HR Department at Clarke Telecom Head Office.
Agencies Please Note
The primary responsibility of the is to be in attendance during complex and high risk site operations to coordinate all skillsets and ensure all activities are carried out safely and in accordance with current legislation.
To review all site documentation and certification.
When not attending complex site operations the QUENSH supervisor will conduct spot H&S and quality audits on both internal and external staff.
To be the face of Clarke Telecom with site providers, customers and vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
• On site Health and safety management on complex sites.
• In build quality monitoring and mentoring.
• Reviewing all site documentation for all trades employed on site.
• Delivering as required site inductions, particularly to complex sites
• Delivering tool box talks.
• Mentoring internal staff in H&S and quality standards.
• Weekly H&S audits and tool box talks.
• Monitoring correct waste disposal processes are followed with site waste.
• Act as Slinger Banksman or lift supervisor.
• Ensuring there are suitable management arrangements for the project including the provision of welfare facilities for use by contractors/ staff
• Providing construction information to designers and contractors.
• Emergency arrangements are in place including first aid provision
• Fissara Champion for field implementation and support
• Drugs and alcohol testing.
• Site liaison with site providers, vendors and operators.
• Completion of site audits
• Review and undertake redline drawings
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Strong Health and Safety knowledge.
• Inspection of telecommunication sites.
• High personal quality standards.
• Attention to detail.
• A desire for self-improvement.
• Good Site Management Skills
• Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, Access etc)
• Experience and knowledge of the Telecoms Mobile Industry
• Relevant experience of working in a similar construction role
• Commercial Acumen
• Customer focused
• Have passion to succeed
• Good communicator
• Delivery focused and assertive
• Able to work in a Team environment and an effective team player
• Ability to manage complexity and changing targets
• Prepared to work out of hours either overnights or weekends.
• Full driving license.
• Good understanding of the new Telecom code powers and CTL’s responsibilities under these powers.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
• Project Management accreditation Health and Safety accreditation i.e. IOSH, CDM
• Rooftop Safety Course, RF awareness
• English and Maths GCSE Grade B or equivalent
• Streetworks Supervisor qualification
• CSCS Certification
• NRASW act supervisor accreditation
• Vendor experience
Hours of Work
50 hour week Monday – Friday
Clarke recognise the valued service provided by its recruitment agencies and have a Preferred Supplier List in place, with whom terms of business have been agreed.
Only suppliers who have signed up to these terms can place candidates with Clarke and will receive instruction directly from us to do so. Clarke is unable to consider speculative CVs or proposals from any other third party. Speculative CVs or proposals being sent into the business will be treated as a gift.
This policy applies to all experienced hire recruitment and search and selection suppliers across the UK.