To apply for this job, complete the application form
and return, via email
or post to the HR Department at Clarke Telecom Head Office.
Agencies Please Note
HSE Advisor / Auditor
Manchester / Redhill
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager this role holder will be accountable for ensuring that Clarke Telecom operations are carried out in compliance with Company, Client, and Legislative requirements.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the efficient monitoring and auditing of field-based operations to ensure compliance requirements are being met.
- Ensuring regular reporting on site audits and follow up of remedial actions are closed out in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Accountable for ensuring accurate reports are generated to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the project in a safe state
- Responsible for ensuring all non-conformances are discussed with site teams BEFORE leaving the site.
- Working closely with the HSE and other Managers to ensure appropriate actions are taken to prevent re-occurrences of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Developing and maintaining the highest possible standard of Quality, Environmental, Safety & Health on compliance on all sites.
- Planning and conducting weekly site audit visits, communicating with Site Managers, Operatives and Sub-contractors.
- Delivering Toolbox talks, reporting findings to Build/ Project, and HSE Managers.
- Attending Clients meetings when required and deputising for the Health and Safety Manager.
- Ensure there is zero damage to Clarke Telecom reputation due to unsafe practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage site inspection workloads effectively within allocated timeframe.
- To review project documentation for audit sites before attending, including CPHSP, RAMS, Permits etc.
- To comply with all reporting systems, targets and milestones making certain site inspections are completed to company and customer requirements.
- Establish good and effective working relationships with client contractors.
- Advise on site where short term/immediate remediation of H & S issues can be achieved
- Reporting to the HSE Manager all H & S issues in a timely fashion and using agreed reporting methods and be able to log and track identified remedial action.
- Immediately report any serious H & S issues to Senior Managers
- Adhere to Client led Processes and Procedures by which the company are bound
- Adhere to company Policy on all Health and Safety matters.
- Identify self-training requirements with line manager
- Attend training courses, seminars, toolbox talks as required by the company.
- Key Interface for Site based Health and Safety matters
- Complete site-based inspection reports in a timely manner.
- Self-management of daily travel and site visit coordination
- Familiarise themselves with company H & S bulletins (including client bulletins)
- Update required databases with inspection dates and send report to Project Coordinator
- Evaluate risk assessments and ensure relevance/compliance to work being conducted
- Keep up to date with new legislation and developments that affect the employer’s industry
- Produce management reports identifying trends in relation to audit non-conformances
- Provide advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, and occupational diseases.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to ensure compliance with company and client policy changes
- Ensure accurate information from audits is cascaded to appropriate managers
- Reduction in the number of no-conformance reports from external auditors
- Plan and Manage audits in line with CTL requirements across client base
- Identify and provide professional advice to site teams to enable a reduction in unsafe acts/conditions
- Enhance working practices in line with standards and legislative requirements
- Make recommendations for improvements to operational standards/systems
- Provide a monthly report identifying audit fails and remedial actions taken
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Essential: Ability to build good relationships at all levels
Good communicator / presenter
Passion and Drive to improve health and safety in operations
Able to influence others
Excellent attention to detail
Good Team worker
Desirable: Self confident
Ability to manage own workload
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
Roof worker certification
Radiation awareness (RF) training
CSCS Management/Supervisory Skills card
First aid trained
Professional Qualifications Required
NEBOSH, NVQ level 3, or similar, Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, Access etc)
Good People Management Skills
Recognised Health and Safety Auditor training
Asbestos awareness Certificate
Full Clean Driving license, (maximum of 3 points)
Clarke recognise the valued service provided by its recruitment agencies and have a Preferred Supplier List in place, with whom terms of business have been agreed.
Only suppliers who have signed up to these terms can place candidates with Clarke and will receive instruction directly from us to do so. Clarke is unable to consider speculative CVs or proposals from any other third party. Speculative CVs or proposals being sent into the business will be treated as a gift.
This policy applies to all experienced hire recruitment and search and selection suppliers across the UK.