To apply for this job, complete the application form
and return, via email
or post to the HR Department at Clarke Telecom Head Office.
Agencies Please Note
Acquisition Surveyor – National
The primary role of the Acquisition Surveyor is, as part of the wider team, the day to day delivery of all project front end acquisition and planning lifecycle activities (up to and including acquisition to build handover) on behalf of Clarke Telecom, and supporting the Project Manager in reporting to the Customer..
These activities include liaison and co-ordination of internal and external resources, on a site by site basis, including Design and Planning and (as required) Commercial, Purchasing and Operational resources.
The Acquisition Surveyor will work within the project team, reporting to the Project Manager, to ensure the delivery of the project to both client, and company, time, cost, and quality targets as set from time to time by the business and to such quality standards as directed by the client’s Acquisition and Planning Process documents on a project specific basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Acquisition Surveyor is responsible for:
- Delivery of a caseload of sites from Customer instruction to handover to Build. Delivery shall be to client KPIs and to any specific personal targets agreed or imposed by the business on the Acquisition Surveyor, together with any overriding company or client performance measurement agreements in force from time to time.
- Key duties include (but are not limited to):
- Site searching/finding – new rollout sites and NTQ site replacement
- Land ownership checks
- New site option reporting
- Reading and interpretation of existing site legal documentation
- Production of legal document audit reports
- Attendance and lead role at on site multi (discipline) site visits
- Review and approval of technical drawings to ensure they are suitable for acquisition and planning purposes
- Maximising the Customer’s existing legal and planning rights, where appropriate
- Securing landlord and other third party consents as required
- Negotiation and agreement of commercial heads of terms with site landlords and their professional advisors, and/or other third parties as required from time to time, such negotiations to take account of Customer guidance/parameters, prevailing market conditions and the requirements of the project
- Securing Customer approvals to heads of terms through relevant Customer approvals processes
- Instruction and management of Customer solicitors, through to legal completion
- Town Planning history checks
- Appropriate Planning pre-consultation with stakeholders
- Submission of regulation 5 and de minimis planning applications/notifications
- Supporting the Planning team in the submission of Full and GPDO planning applications. As required and with appropriate supervision, the Acquisition Surveyor may undertake such submissions direct from time to time
- Production of A2B (Acquisition to Build) handover packs to the internal build team
- Production of Customer acquisition handover packs (AHOP) and securing Customer approval thereto. Supporting the Commercial team on the resolution of any queries
- Ensuring accurate site by site records and commentary es are maintained on a real time basis in both internal and Customer trackers/databases
The duties required on a day to day basis may vary from project to project, depending on the project requirements.
- In conjunction with and as directed by the Project Manager, the delivery of acquisition progress reports / updates into the Customer on a project specific basis, and as required by the client on an ad-hoc basis from time to time.
- On direction from the Project Manager, the implementation of project action / recovery plans as required from time to time.
- The timely resolution of all acquisition queries including the involvement of the project Manager where any escalation occurs or is required.
- Representation of Clarke Telecom at client organised meetings, and ad hoc customer conference calls / meetings as required from time to time in support of the Project Manager.
To provide the Project Manager with all relevant input to enable the management of key milestone forecasts and lockdowns.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Telecom experience
- A professional working knowledge of UK Property Law and the Town and Country Planning System.
- Proven track record of site acquisition delivery Good IT Skills in Excel and Word, as well as knowledge of client project management or workflow tools.
- GCSE B minimum in English and Maths.
- Sound commercial acumen in terms of achieving company profit aspirations and managing the commercial and billing aspects of the acquisition lifecycle.
- Must be self-organised with the ability to autonomously time manage and priority manage workload.
- Must be delivery focused and assertive.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be an effective team player.
- Must have awareness of and focus on company and client stakeholder drivers, requirements and targets.
- Must be able to innovate and be adaptable to change.
- Proven or demonstrable supplier relationship management skills.
- Current certification for Working at Heights.
- Must have a valid driving license and be willing to travel extensively
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- MRICS designations (preferable, but not essential)
- A degree in a related subject (preferable but not essential)
- Detailed knowledge of client project management / workflow systems.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
Clarke recognise the valued service provided by its recruitment agencies and have a Preferred Supplier List in place, with whom terms of business have been agreed.
Only suppliers who have signed up to these terms can place candidates with Clarke and will receive instruction directly from us to do so. Clarke is unable to consider speculative CVs or proposals from any other third party. Speculative CVs or proposals being sent into the business will be treated as a gift.
This policy applies to all experienced hire recruitment and search and selection suppliers across the UK.